6/27/10

Malai Nepali khanna man parcha

That means "I like Nepali food". This is a general statement, and generally, I've liked all of the Nepali food that I've tried. I did have some Curry Lamb yesterday that almost negated this general statement, but the rest of the good food at the first annual Madison, WI Bhutanese Picnic more than made up for this one dish.

More than a year ago, my lifegroup at Church decided to host a family of Bhutanese refugees that have lived for almost two decades in a camp in Nepal. More families have come to join our community with the help of other host groups and families. Here is a recent news story of the resettlement activities that involve seven countries around the world.

In addition to celebrating the addition to our community, we also had the chance to celebrate Abraham and Kamala Khan, Christian missionaries from Nepal and the Fishers of Men ministry. This meant more Nepali food and hearing Abraham's message of spreading the word through Bible distribution, street ministries, Christmas and Easter services, and riding his motorcycle from one village to another.

Thank you to everyone who came to hear the message, eat the food, and give to the Fishers of Men ministry and the Bhutanese resettlement.

Now, I'm going to eat my leftover Aloo Gobi. This was probably my favorite dish of the day. When that's done, I think I'm going to have to make my own. I think I'll try this recipe, Easy Indian Aloo Gobi. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pheri bhetaunla.

No comments:

Post a Comment