5/23/10

Bike Ride

bikeride

Yesterday, I went for my first bike ride of the summer. There are bike trails everywhere in this part of WI, and everyone rides bikes during the warm months. After a couple of WI winters, I understand the need to be out of doors every chance you can.

So, I strapped on my helmet, turned on the Map My Ride app on my phone, and headed out the door. I returned home 16 miles later with a rather sore rear end.

On my ride, I saw chipmunks and birds. I saw some other critter cross the trail at one point, but it was too far away to make out what it was. There are several ponds (tanks for folks back home) along the trail, and the flowers were in bloom. Overall, it was a nice relaxing ride.

Bike rides are a perfect time to just think. No music, no TV, no magazine, no book, no computer. Just the critters and the trees and grasses and moving your legs up and down. While thinking, I decided that I'd like to try adding an animation to the blog to celebrate this first bike ride of 2010.

I know the image above is not moving. I got the .gif to be animated using the tutorial at Creative Tech, but I can't the file uploaded to Blogger, Flickr, Photobucket, or Picasa as an animation, much less get it over to the blog. I'll continue to try, but now I need to go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment