11/2/11

You, at the front

I told you that I would catch you up on what I've been doing (besides sleeping) for the past few months. I thought I'd start at the front (door). Welcome to my home!

I made this a while back, but I don't remember when. I got the tutorial from Mintage Home via Pinterest. If you haven't checked out Pinterest, you're missing out. Even the brother-in-law is on it! I'm going to save my gushing over Pinterest for another blog post (30 days=a lot of posts!).

My favorite little guy to babysit went with me to Home Depot to pick out paint chips. Well, he went with me. He didn't pick out the colors, as evident by the pink and purple scheme, but he did get a green Mickey Mouse paint sticker. Back to the colors. The pink and purple are pretty, but I should've gone with something with more blue to contrast with my orange rug. Other than that, I'm very happy with it. Even though hot glue played a major part, I don't remember getting any burns.
Paint chip wreath

Okay, so the top right picture shows that maybe glue gun wasn't the best choice for styrofoam. BUt, it worked very well. That wreath has been hanging up at least a couple of months and still looks good. Nothing has fallen off of it yet!

I like the paint chip wreath so much, I don't want to switch to my stick wreath from last fall. Alas, it may get no hang time this year, what with Christmas right around the corner.

Stay tuned for more crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment